15 Feb 2016

5 HTML & WordPress Hacks for Non-Coders

Facing computer code often draws the same reaction as an offensive odor or the sight of blood from non-coders.

I used to manage a small business website, and once displayed the Text side of the page to the office manager. As tiny letters and brackets littered the laptop screen, she turned away and put her hand up. “I can’t look at that!” she gasped, as if I had just shown her a crime scene photo.

People like her make me feel like a superstar for being able to do basic HTML. (And, OK, I sometimes relish those moments.) When they think “coding” they think “complicated,” which isn’t always the case.

I started learning HTML as a necessity in my senior year of college when I became the first in-house editor of our class magazine. As the sole editor of the SEMrush blog for a year and a half, I continued my hands-on education in the world of front-end development.

Read More: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/5-html-wordpress-hacks-non-coders/129296/

Author: Kathleen Garvin